Monday 23 June 2014

Babygirl Update


Babygirl has been with us for almost a year and a half and it is safe to say that she is fully settled.  She has left behind her "baby" approach to life and has fully embraced life as a toddler.  Her constant mode of transport seems to be running and she tends to look at you blankly when you try to introduce the concept of walking.

A full on "chatterbox" - Babygirl talks from the moment she wakes up to the moment she falls asleep.  In the mornings we are woken by her conversations with her teddy bears and at night we hear her "reading" a bedtime story to them before she drifts off.

A healthy appetite with an interest in everything you are doing - she is full on.  She has developed a lovely sense of humour and enjoys joking around whenever possible.

It genuinely feels like Babygirl has always been here and occasionally I find myself thinking, "Oh yeah, you're adopted!"  It's not something that I think about on a daily basis - we just get on with life.  In fact at a recent medical appointment, when asked about family history, I automatically started to think about my family and found myself saying to the doctor, "Whoops!  She's adopted - wrong family history."

I'm enjoying life at the moment - work fits in nicely around the new way of life and I am so grateful to God that He has truly made everything beautiful in His time.

Until next time, 
Cece
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email