Monday 2 January 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  It is 2017!!! 


There have been many commentaries towards the end of last year, outlining how terrible 2016 has been - Brexit, Donald Trump, War in Syria and celebrity deaths filled our TV screens and office chit chat.

For me personally, 2016 has been a whirlwind year!  That's part of the reason why I have been so absent on social media this year.  Having decided that I was going to"go for it" and push hard for 2016, I found myself consumed with key projects and found little time to sit in front of the computer to blog or my camera to film.  I would love to say that 2017 is going to be different but as I sense it is likely to be another big year for me, I can't guarantee that there will be much improvement.  However, what I can say is that I have missed keeping in touch with you guys and so it is my hope to be get back to blogging and filming on a more regular basis this year.

I wanted to drop by to say hi and wish you all a happy new year and also do a basic debrief of 2016.

As mentioned in my previous post, the mission to St Kitts was a huge project that was completed last summer.  It was life changing and I still hope to share with you a series of diary style posts to take you on the journey at some point in the next few months.

Other highlights of 2016, include a job promotion, the Sanctuary Retreat, the Sanctuary hosting monthly events, the Colour Conference and a breakthrough in being consistent with my prayer life (I'd like to share more detail in a future blog post on this point).

Towards the end of 2016, I went through a rather low period where I really struggled with my desire to fall pregnant.  In some ways, it felt like I had returned to the start of my journey where each pregnancy announcement was unbearable.  I found myself talking to God a lot and struggling to understand why I felt this way.  I had wanted to share it on here but feared that I would sound ungrateful or moany!  The reality is that the struggle is still real but thanks to God I am feeling much better and more positive about the year ahead.

In terms of goals, my overriding goal for 2016 was to develop habits that would sustain me, and whilst I have made some progress in certain habits, there is still some work to do.  For this reason, I am carrying over the goal from last year and continuing to focus on developing key habits.

2017 is looking like it going to be a big year for me and I am hoping to be able to share more of the journey with you via my blog and YouTube channel.

In the meantime, happy 2017!  I pray that this year will be a great year for you and you will be able to withstand and overcome any challenges that may come your way!

God bless,
Cece x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email