Monday 29 January 2018

What's your word for 2018?

The past week has been an interesting one.  It has been intense, hectic and challenging at times but what has probably been most refreshing is that I chose to fully let go of 2017!

It started from last Sunday, when as I sat in church listening to the preacher, I found myself have an internal argument with what was being said from the pulpit.  It was an encouraging and timely word but I felt like I was struggling to receive it.   As I reflected, I realised that I was feeling so battered and bruised by my experiences in 2017 that I dare not believe that 2018 may have something good for me!

I felt tired of "believing" and being battered at the end of it ... or so I felt and whilst I had learnt the lessons of 2017, I failed to realise my need to let go of some of the junk from 2017.

I met up with a friend during the week and as I poured out my feelings of despondency and disappointment, she said some really quite poignant to me which forced me to stop in my tracks and re-evaluate.  She said that the words I used for 2017 were not necessarily the word that God has for my 2018.  She said that if I was not careful, I would end up carrying my 2017 words into 2018 (I'm paraphrasing!).  It struck a chord and I instantly knew that she was right.

I was so busy being wrapped up about how I felt about 2017 that I was running the risk of missing what God is saying to me now!  She told me that it was OK for me for mourn what I felt I had lost in the previous year but that I then needed to get up, dust myself off and move on.  I needed to find out what my word for 2018 is..... so that's exactly what I have been focusing on over the last week.  I have had some honest heart to hearts with God and expressed my disappointment, pain and fears - it has been refreshing and healing.  And now, I am standing up and tuning in to hear what His word for me for 2018.

I encourage those of you who need to follow a similar process to do it now.  Reflect on what you learnt, mourn the losses that need to mourned and then get up, dust yourself and tune in to see what He is saying about 2018.

Until next time,
Cece xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email