Thursday 24 February 2011

An Honest Account

I've been in two minds about my blog.  I was worried that I seemed to be constantly complaining about my life and I wasn't sure if I should even post this blog.  BUT then I remembered that the whole point of this blog is to provide an honest account of how it feels to walk on this challenging path.  It's important for me to be real otherwise this whole process is pointless.  Over the last few days, I've had some very frank conversations with people about how I feel about this situation.  Some of them have understood and others in their desire to provide support have said some of the very things that I don't want to hear right now.  But I'm not angry with them - I know that they all love me and are doing their best to support me in this. However it has caused me to think about how I could help those supporting their loved ones who are battling with infertility to get a greater understanding of what it is like.

Some of you may be aware that I love music and I recently came across two songs on you tube that really give an insight into what it can be like on this path.  The first one gives a glimpse of the determination needed for this walk. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5oEpVHVP4&feature=fvst)  In fact this song could be used to encourage anyone in their walk through difficult times.  The second song is much more literal and speaks of the yearning for a child, and although I don't fully agree with the title of the song " I would die for that", it does express exactly how I feel at the moment! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ)

So why am I writing this down?  This blog is therapeutic for me.  It's a place to express my deepest thoughts and feelings.  However, I also want it to be a blog that serves others through encouragement or providing greater insight.

Be blessed!
Cece
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email