Monday 14 May 2012

Just a little excited!

Hi everyone!  I just had to write this post.  We have our next meeting with the social worker tomorrow.  As I've been completing the various tasks she has given to us, I have been feeling an increased sense of excitement.  The decision to pursue adoption has been like a breath of fresh air - I feel like I'm finally taking steps to move along my path.  I wish I had started this process much earlier - I feel so much better!  I have HOPE!

I am still battling a few fears.  I have spent some time reading forums about the adoption process and come across some real horror stories.  The fact is that the social worker will decide whether or not we are suitable, which leads to the question "What happens if she decides that we shouldn't have children?!"  It is so awful to hear from couples who have almost got to the end of the assessment process only to find that the social worker had decided it wasn't going to work!  I can't imagine what that must feel like - especially for a couple who has already faced disappointment through IVF. 

As excited as I am, there is still something daunting about the fact that a person will decide whether or not we should be allowed to become parents.  A key decision that will affect our lives seems to be lying in the hands of someone else!  I guess that's where prayer comes in!

Until next time,
Cece
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cece, glad to read your post. I can only imagine the mix of excitement and anxiety you are feeling. I'll definitely be praying that your meeting with the social worker goes well. I am a believer that while situations may seem to be in the hands of 'man' at times, God is in control and sees a much bigger picture than we can imagine. I look forward to reading your next post. Have a good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you on this and I'm sure all will be well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email