Monday 10 June 2013

My Favourite Things

So, this post is going to be a little random!  It's going to be like a Pinterest board but with lots of words.  I wanted to share with you some of the things that I have really enjoyed using/reading/watching over the last few months - welcome to my favourite things!

I had planned to do this in categories but I'm just going to share them as they come to mind!

Favourite Thing 1:  Erin Condren Planner

If you regularly read blogs, you may have already encountered this fabulous tool!  It is a fantastic plannner which I have fallen in love with.  The new edition for 2013/2014 was realised last week and I have been drooling over the new options!  I've already chosen the design I want but I will be waiting until the end of the year to purchase it.  When I get it, I will do a full review but this planner has caused me to fall back in love with paper diaries! I love it!!!!!!

Favourite Thing 2:  You Tube
 youtube
OK, so it's not exactly a "thing" but I must confess that I have been completely sucked into the YouTube wormhole!  I watch it more than TV now and it has been inspiration for so many recent trends and changes in my life.  I've got great tips and learnt lots of new things whilst being entertained.  I'm currently hooked on Sprinkle of Glitter, Fun for Louis and Fleur De Force.  YouTube rocks!

Favourite Thing 3:  TED Talks
 
In case you haven't guessed, I'm a bit of a thinker and I like to reflect, so discovering TED talks (available on YouTube) has been fantastic.  The talks are inspirational and good food for thought.  I'll be discussing a few of the topics in some of my upcoming posts so watch out for them!  You will be inspired and may even find yourself on a path you didn't expect!

Favourite Thing 4:  Cloth Nappies

Image taken from clothnappy.info
Yes, I have been using cloth nappies on Babygirl and loving them.  Once again, I extend my thanks to YouTube for showing me that cloth nappies have come a long way from what my mum used.  They are cute, practical and save LOTS of money!  A particular thanks to ObbsandLala and CarlaTheBubblelush who taught me everything I know about cloth nappies through their YouTube channels!

Favourite Thing 5: The Element by Ken Robinson
This book was recommended to me by a dear friend (who I hope to be interviewing as one of my inspirational women!).  It is absolutely amazing and has been a key factor in helping me to seriously look at what I want to do with my life.  Ken Robinson is an excellent speaker (watch some of his talks on TED talks) who inspires me everytime he speaks!  I will probably do a full review of this book when I've finished reading it but I think it's a book that everyone should read!!!!!!

So these are a few of my favourite things!  Please let me know in the comments below if you liked this type of post and if you would like me to do a full post on any of the above.  Also, what other categories would you like to see?  Would you be interested in my favourite beauty products?  Music?  Clothes?  Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to subscribe by email by using the link on the right!

Until next time,
Cece
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email