Monday 17 June 2013

Birthday Weekend


Image from momof6.com
Apologies for the lack of Thoughtful Thursday last week.  I had a terrible bout of tonsillitis and was not feeling well at all!  Luckily, the main symptoms cleared enough for me to enjoy my birthday weekend!

It started with meeting a friend at her workplace and bumping into some old colleagues who were pleased to meet Babygirl.  After the usual pleasantries, my friend and I headed off to Frankie and Benny's for a lovely late lunch/early dinner!  On the way, I had a minor episode with Babygirl which involved Babygirl emptying her whole cup of drink over her clothes, so I ended up in Boots frantically trying to buy a new outfit that was cheap and would fit so I wouldn't have to cancel my dinner date and go back home!  Mission was accomplished and I had a wonderful time.  Later, that evening I went to my local cell group.  For those of you who have never heard of a cell group - it is a group of church members who meet weekly for bible study, prayer and fellowship.  We had a wonderful chat and I got home satisfied that I had made the most of my day! 

On Saturday, I pottered around the house for most of the day whilst DH went out to do some gardening for a friend.  I had arranged for my sister to babysit so that DH and I could go out for a lovely meal and I must say that it was a wonderful evening!  I had the opportunity to dress up, do my hair and put on some lovely makeup! 


Meanwhile Babygirl had quality time with Aunty and eventually went to bed!  I got back from our meal feeling chilled, relaxed and happy to spend some quality time with DH.

Sunday was Fathers' Day which meant that it gave me an opportunity to make a fuss over DH.  Babygirl and I gave him a personalised card from Moonpig.com (they are brilliant) and he enjoyed his favourite breakfast whilst opening his present.  The rest of the day was spent pottering around the house before heading off to church as a family.

DH has settled into fatherhood so well and I have loved watching him fall more and more in love with Babygirl each day.  So, in closing, I'd to send out a big Happy Fathers' Day to DH for being such a great dad.  I wouldn't want to raise a child with anyone else.  
 

I'm also sending out my appreciation to all the men who are fathers or acting as fathers for children across the world.  Keep it up - it's not easy but it's worth it!

See you all later this week for Thoughtful Thursday!
Cece
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email