Thursday 20 June 2013

Thoughtful Thursday: Know Your Season

Hello! 

It's Thoughtful Thursday and to be honest, I've been a little stuck with what to write about so I decided to share with you a lesson that I have been learning over the last few years and still trying to perfect!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says:

"There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:
A right time for birth and another for death,
A right time to plant and another to reap,
A right time to kill and another to heal,
A right time to destroy and another to construct,
A right time to cry and another to laugh,
A right time to lament and another to cheer,
A right time to make love and another to abstain,
A right time to embrace and another to part,
A right time to search and another to count your losses,
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up,
A right time to love and another to hate,
A right time to wage war and another to make peace."
 
Image from simprlc.wordpress.com
Over the last few years, God has been talking to me about knowing what season I am in.  In other words, learning to recognise what I should be doing now, what can be left for the future and how to stick to the plan!

I'm the type of person who wants to do everything NOW!  When I have a new idea or project, I'm very driven which has its benefits, but it does mean that I often fail to recognise when it's time to stop. 

Becoming a mum is forcing me to learn this lesson more rapidly.  In the past, I have run myself into the ground trying to achieve all things at all times, but now that Babygirl is on the scene, I have no choice but to prioritise.  Now I would love to say that I have always got it right - but I haven't!

In life, it is so important to tune into God to hear what He is saying about your current season.  I have so many times tried to achieve things at the wrong time, or failed to recognise the opportune time for certain projects.

So, as you read this post, take time to consider the season you are in.
  • What are your main priorities right now?
  • Does your life/calendar fall in line with those priorities?
  • If not, why not and what do you need to change? If it is, how will you ensure that this is maintained?
  • What is God saying about your current season?  Have you bothered to ask ..... and wait for the answer?
Knowing and understanding your season prevents wasting time on pointless activities and ensures that your energy is focussed on the important things.

Think about it!

Until next time,
Cece
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email