Monday 12 August 2013

Life Update



I hope you are all well.  I thought it was about time that I gave you all a brief life update.  Here we go!

Babygirl
Babygirl is doing really well and is growing rapidly.  I look back at the pictures taken when she first arrived and it's amazing to see that in a few months she has changed from a little baby to a little toddler!  Her vocabulary is developing well and she is starting to form short sentences!  Her obsession with shoes has been evident and she has been known to forcibly remove shoes that she likes from guests so she can try them on! She is absolutely adorable and I am completely in love!

Nursery
A few posts ago, I mentioned that I was starting to look for a nursery and I think I've found one!  There are a few more questions I have to ask but on my tour I was really impressed by what they had to offer and particularly like the "feel" of the place!  Babygirl seemed very comfortable there too and I think that we'll be registering her ASAP to secure a place.

Work
I have contacted work and have agreed a return date with them.  Finances have forced me to return a little earlier than planned but I actually feel OK about it!  Now that I've found a nursery that I'm happy with and have done some deep soulsearching throughout the last few months, I feel ready to face the workplace again.  I am requesting flexible working arrangements and would appreciate your prayers for God to provide an arrangement that will work for us as a family.  I should be meeting my manager within the next week or so.

Renewed connections
I must mention that over the last few weeks, God has been renewing old connections.  These are people who I have either lost contact with or have not seen for a while.  It has been so refreshing and He has used this lovely meetings to help me to see the work He has done in me and the work He is currently doing!

The Adoption Process
We are approaching the final stages of the adoption process and will be filing our court paperwork over the next few weeks.  This is really the final steps to finalise adding Babygirl to our family.  I am so excited and happy to have it all wrapped up so we can move on to enjoy the next stages of our family life.  I am particularly looking forward to our day in court when Babygirl is officially added to our family - it is set to be a wonderful day of celebration!

And finally,

Family Fun
This past weekend has been full of action and fantastic all at once!  On Thursday, we all headed off to Essex to start overnight in a hotel so we could attend my cousin's wedding.  It was lovely to have so much of the family all in one place and Babygirl really enjoyed hanging out with her cousins.  On Friday we attended the wedding was absolutely amazing - the setting was beautiful, the bride was stunning, the food was delicious and the music was brilliant!  I really enjoyed the wedding and it was so touching to see a couple who are so dear to me to tie the knot.  We returned to London on Saturday and everyone was exhausted.  But on Sunday, we were up again to go to the annual family BBQ hosted by another cousin.  Once again, great food and music but I must confess that I had to leave early as Babygirl and I just couldn't keep up with the pace.  All in all, a lovely weekend!

The week ahead is set to be busy with some important errands to run and hopefully a few fun events thrown in for good measure.  I will be back on Wednesday to let you know how the prayer challenge has been going and on Thursday, I'll let you know what the next part of the challenge will be!

Until next time, God bless,
Cece xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email