Thursday 19 December 2013

I Kissed Teaching Goodbye

I remember my first lesson, it was a year 7 class and I was teaching them about solids, liquids and gases.

I remember the careful planning of the lesson, and the detailed lesson plan being written and rewritten several times.

I remember tidying up after the lesson, because we had run out of time and I had to dismiss the class so they could get to their next lesson.

I remember my mentor taking me to back of the room for me to see how awful my handwriting was on the board.

And I remember loving it!



13 years later, I've taught over one thousand children and marked many more books.  I have attended parents' evenings, written reports and drafted so many schemes of work that I have lost count.

Today, I kissed teaching goodbye.

There are parts that I will miss and parts that I will be happy to leave behind.

I am excited about the new path ahead and interested to see how I will cope with not having bells to organise my life.

Many have asked, "Will you ever go back?".  My answer, "Who knows?" but in the meantime, I am happy to set aside my teaching kit and move on to a life without marking!

Cece xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email