Thursday 9 May 2013

An update ..... finally!


Hey guys!
I know it has been a long time and I always seem to be starting my posts by apologising for my absence!  The month of May has begun which means that Babygirl has been living with us for 3 months.  DH, Babygirl and I have settled into life as a family of three.  It has been lovely and hectic all at the same time!

A quick recap of April:

Week 1 - we had Babygirl's baby dedication (equivalent of a christening in our church).  It was lovely to present our daughter to God, give thanks for an amazing blessing and introduce the newest member of our family to the extended family.

Week 2 - I met up with one of the people who influenced me significantly during my teenage years and helped in the earliest stages of my Christian walk.  I spent no more than one hour with her and she sent me onto an amazing journey of discovery with God which I am still travelling!  Meanwhile, she has headed back to New Zealand to carry on her work for God!

Week 3 - I had lots of brunches this week, went to a Spring party for adopted children with Babygirl and Babygirl also attended a birthday party.  She is already establishing herself as a social butterfly!

Week 4 - this is my busiest week.  I had a funeral, a brunch, two lunch dates and a road trip to St Albans.  Not surprising that I was shattered at the end of it!  Babygirl had a fantastic time!

The past few weeks have been much slower giving Babygirl and I time to recover.  In the meantime, I have had time to reflect on life and the road ahead.  This is the first time I have ever had such an extended time away from work and it has been really good for me.  It is the first time that I have been able to step off the treadmill of life and REALLY think about some of the bigger questions!  God has been speaking to me so much during this time.  I'm beginning to really understand the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God".

I'm going to go now but there is so much more that I have to say.  I will try to blog again soon, but in the meantime, I want to encourage each of you to take time to be still and see what God says.  I am learning that often God is speaking, it's just that our lives are too noisy to hear what He's saying!

Until next time,
Cece xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment! I read every single one and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me!

Subscribe via email